2.01.2006

Baby Got Back

I'm almost at the armhole shaping on the back of my boucle sweater. No matter how often I check the gauge, I always have this nagging feeling that my sweater isn't going to fit once I take it off my needles.



It looks so cute, all those stitches bunched up on those pretty needles. "I can't wait to wear it," you think. You imagine yourself strutting proudly around with your brand new sweater. You can barely contain your excitement as you bind off the stitches, and as the last stitch comes off your stick, it hits you: Wait, that can't be right. It kind of smallish. Oh no! It doesn't measure up according to the schematic! Rats!

Has this happened to you? As you might have guessed, I've had a little experience with this scenario, and it's dreadfully disappointing. Hopefully, this puppy will measure up as it should.

No comments: