2.14.2006

The February Bug


Happy Valentine's Day to you! ! This picture came from this month's issue of Conscious Choice. I just love the picture and this periodical always has some articles worth reading. Check it out!

As for knitting, the February Bug has gotten me down. No, no, not the flu bug (Thank God!), but the dreary winter blues bug. Every year around this time, I feel like a victim of mono. (In fact, many times I've gone to the doctor with this complaint, but according to them, I just don't exercise enough. Ha!) It's at its worst at the beginning of Feb. and ends somewhere between Mar. 1 and spring (the weather, not 3/21.). I haven't done much in the way of knitting (as you can see by my posts, or lack thereof), except lay on the couch too exhausted to move and daydream about the things I'll knit when I'm feeling normal again.

Well, today I was feeling a little more normal than I have been (I swear it was the 20 mins. of yoga I did yesterday. It works wonders!), and I decided to move ahead with the vest I'm designing for my hubby. Actually, I've been starting and stopping work on it for two months or so, and I'm now ready to knit it with full force. (He actually said, "Oh, I thought you'd given up on that project and moved onto something else. " Does that sound like a knitter's husband, or what?!) The vest is machine knit in Bernat's Softee Chunkee yarn. I just finished my swatch and already love the drape of the fabric. More on my progress tomorrow. . . (unless that damn bug claims my body again, ugh!). . .

No comments: