8.13.2006

My Kind of Heaven

This weekend Stitches Midwest rolled into town - into Rosemont, IL to be exact. I confess I was a virgin to Stitches, and as I approached the pearly gates, I almost peed my pants from the excitement. I thoroughly enjoyed my first experience at Stitches, even though I only scored a bag of angora yarn.



I went to Stitches fully prepared - I had a list of projects I wanted to knit up and the yarn requirements for each. When I stepped inside, I was so totally overwhelmed, I thought I may hyperventilate. I kept it together though, and marched on. I pulled out my list numerous times, but something was amiss. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, and after awhile, even with the list in hand, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for. So, I'm chocking this one up to a learning experience. With my first visit to Stitches under my belt, I now have an idea of what to do, and what not to do, next year:


  1. Wear comfortable shoes. I love my flip-flops, and they're always mucho comfortable, but after walking around on that concrete showroom floor, my dogs ached for a pair of tennis shoes with arch support.
  2. Save up some cash before the event. Stitches couldn't have been held at a more inconvenient time - before payday! I had only a meager budget for goodies and this definitely held me back.
  3. Buy a two-day pass. No matter how much I tried to convince myself one day would be enough, I can't express how I wanted to kick myself for not buying the two-day pass.

So, lessons have been learned, yarn has been bought, and now I'm off to knit up somethin' sweet with my newly acquired fiber.

No comments: