10.14.2006

Ms. Fix It

My husband's cousin has commissioned my help in repairing 2 sets of knitted slippers her mom made for her years ago. Sadly, her mom passed away a few years ago, so you can imagine how much more these slippers mean to her.

This task is a daunting one, to say the least. At least 3 of the 4 slippers are in bad shape. To start, I found a matching RH yarn. I gathered my tools and sat down to get to work. Here's the before picture:


Starting out, I didn't really have any plan. My goal was to mend the slippers without my work being a complete eye sore. After fiddling with different methods of mending, I ended up attaching the yarn with some slipstitches and crocheting chains, back and forth, to create the new fabric. Then I whipstitched the crocheted chains together and voila! Here's the mended slipper.


I think I did one heck of a bang up job, considering what I had to work with. One down, two to go...

No comments: