3.02.2007

No New Knitting

I have 2 projects on the needles right now, but unfortunately no pics. My camera is down and out - not sure what's wrong - so until it recovers from whatever is ailing it, I'm pictureless And, no, I don't have one of those cool camera phones! :-(

I can tell you what I'm knitting, though: Project #1 was started 4 weeks ago, although I maybe have 6 inches done. I'm knitting a cabled purse in the round. The cables are intertwining, I think it may be called the "relief" cables or some such name. I found the stitch pattern in The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches. I figured out how many stitches to cast on after I made a swatch (a must!) and went from there. I love this cable pattern because it's so easy, yet looks so difficult (as cable patterns tend to do): it's a 12-row repeat, and you only use the cable needle on the 3rd and 9th rows. Doesn't get much easier than that. I'm knitting it up in a beautiful teal wool yarn, perhaps you may remember it from the turtleneck I *was* knitting. That story will have to wait for another day, as it's still too painful to relive right now.

The other project on my needles is a purse pattern found in the first Stitch 'N Bitch book. I can't recall the exact name, but it's something like Marsupial Bag. Basically, it's a large felted bag. Quite cute, really, and I've been searchin' for something to carry my books/knitting/miscellaneous crap in while commuting. You know, something that will make me look even hipper than I already am (that won't be too hard.) Can't recall the brand of yarn (what's up with my brain today?), but I do remember the colors (senility hasn't hit yet): navy, chartreuse, raspberry, teal, and burnt orange. I can't wait to have it finished and usable.

The only problem is I'm finding less and less time to knit, and blog, for that matter. Between work, my growing list of hobbies (my newest hobby is my journey to spiritual enlightenment, which can take up a good chunk of free time), and so my knitting has taken a spot on the back burner for awhile. If only I could quit my job and pursue all those things I want to do... but alas, I can't. That's what retirement's for, right? Yeah, well, with the way things are going in this country, who knows if our generation will ever be able to retire, at least not the middle and lower classes.

But, I'll save my political rantings for another post. And, trust me, sooner or later I'm going to get to that.

Anywho, hopefully I'll have some pics up as soon as I: a) attempt to fix my camera, although I don't know where to start; or b) bite the bullet and buy a new one. I can definitely justify the latter option considering my tax refund should be here soon and I heard Target's having a sale on digi cameras.

No comments: