10.05.2006

For the Love of Knitting

I recently picked up this book at a local bargain book store (only $12.99!)



I had big plans to read through portions of the book and post a nice grown-up book review on it. Unfortunately, every time I open it up, I end up drooling over the great pictures. It contains pictures of vintage knitting patterns and yarn ads, photos of women knitting and some truly amazing knitted art. I have made some progress, though - the last time I thumbed through it I managed to read some of the captions. That's a start, right?

So, I thought I'd post a few pics from the book every now and then. Here's a great one:


It's a pattern book from Red Heart, published in 1952. Only 10 cents! Look at those cute husband-wife matchy-matchy sweaters. Too cute! If only my husband was that interested in my stash...

No comments: